Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Master Cleanse - Day 5

I can't believe it is already day 5! I have been a little slack with keeping the blog updated on my progress. Probably because of my preoccupation with hunger and talking dogs. Did I mention my CRAZY dreams? Talking dogs with an affinity for kiwi fruit. Oh, and there was the night before where I was on a boat, underway, realizing that the boat was really a drive-through window and all the one customer I had wanted was an EXTRA CRISP, super deep-fat fried chicken sandwich with jalapeƱo AND chipotle mayo. Completely strange because I don't eat fast food and I can't stand fried food. The next night it was rice and beans, eggs, ham (I'm a quasi-vegetarian...poultry and fish only) and, of course, the kiwi fruit.

After talking with my sister, I can liken some of this dementia to the pleasures of pregnancy. It sounds like she is going through much of the same thing. Only, her ailments and lack of hunger are unwanted, yet tolerable (she keeps the end-result in mind) where as mine are completely self-induced.

So, again, I go back to the fundamental question of WHY? Why in the world would I decide to go for 10 days without the pleasure of food? The cleansing part of it has been both healing and transformative. While I stay focused on the notion that I am removing all of the old, nasty junk and restoring life and order into my body, I also think about the transitions that this period is causing.

I am more aware, more awake, more in tune with my surroundings. My mind is starting to settle down and I can focus with a new sense of clarity and pointed purpose. Meditation has become crisper, easier. And a sense of renewal, much like the budding daffodils in my front yard, is creeping up from once barren soil.

Half way there. Half way to feeling fully revitalized, fully recharged, knowing that the process continues to be one day, one sip, at a time.

1 comment:

Connie said...

As a person who sees you daily, the glassy look in your eyes and the periodic smile that takes over your face for no apparent reason must be further indications of the revitalizing process at work... either that or more dementia :)