I'm Hungry. A slight side effect from the fast. That and being perpetually chilly. I decided to approach this morning's salt water breakfast with a different attitude. As discussed yesterday, I took every sip with a sense of gratitude and reflection, listening to the birds outside my kitchen window and feeling blessed in knowing that I am at a place in my own personal journey where I can afford the luxury of taking time out to do a 10-day detox.
Luxury seemed to be a recurrent theme throughout my day. As I was warming up in the bath this morning, I was considering the luxury of time. It seems like sometimes we have all that we need - perhaps more than we need - yet there is ALWAYS too much to do and never enough time to get it all done. How does that work?
Case in point, I spent a luxurious 20 minutes in the tub, perusing some homework and contemplating the whole time continuum. It seemed like I had forever handed to me, yet I still was late to church. Of course, I am habitually late. I don't mean to be. Guess it is one of my character flaws.
Nevertheless, I realize that the clock keeps ticking and I am not getting any younger. When I consider what this means, I think about family, travel, and PURPOSE. Reverend Mary Covington spoke today at church, and her message was "CALLED ON or CALLED OUT” As she reminded me, we all have a purpose. We have all been placed here for a definitive reason. Spending forever trying to figure out what that purpose is, though, is a waste of time.
Inherently we all know why we are here. It is what we feel connected to, what we feel passionate about, what makes us smile, what motivates us from the fire deep within our souls. Unfortunately, sometimes we get stuck in a rut and, instead of finding the courage and compassion to honor our Divine purpose, we push it further and further from the forefront of daily living until it becomes a distant glimmer.
We all have been CALLED ON to fulfill our purpose in life. Sometimes that might be being an amazing friend, a great listener, or simply a compassionate human being. Others have more specific callings - being a healer, a teacher, a provider, a history-maker. If we have been CALLED OUT, it is time to act. No more pushing your Divine purpose to the wayside. Acting takes COURAGE and COURAGE is often a difficult thing to muster. But, because acting on our PURPOSE is rooted to our very core, our essence of being, there is no reason to fear it.
Live as you were meant to and the rest will take care of itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment