
Life has been on my mind a lot lately. That sounds so trite - because it seems we are always thinking about life. Are we happy or just content? Is it OK to be content or do we need to strive for more? Are we fully engaged in what we are doing, in our journey, in our plan, or are we skating by, letting life happen to us?
Vivacious is a word that comes to mind - and my sister is a woman who encapsulates that ideal. She is one of these amazing people who followed her dreams, despite what logic and society dictated. Someone who REFUSED to let the norm dictate the course of her own personal journey and now is happily engrossed in her self-made business of travel photography. Case-in-point, how can one argue with living the lifestyle one envisions, complete with self-respect, love, family, friendships, environmental stewardship and contentment?
Revisiting my own life had been a focal point over the last several months. It is amazing how quickly we can stray from our intended path and let life wash over us like a tidal wave, leaving us with no real focus, no direction, and uncertain of our next steps. Then, when traumatic situations take us by surprise, moving past them takes time and devotion to self, in order to discover - or rediscover - those things which are important.
I was perusing other blogs and came across Expand Your Life, which I found to be both interesting and fascinating. Every week this blogger will find one new experience to take part in and write about. We should all be so open to expanding our own lives. After all, that is why we are here. That is why we have so many opportunities.
Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone adopted a true LOVE of LIFE and vowed to break out of their circle of comfort, even momentarily, to experience something new, positive and exciting?
The possibilities are endless! We could create so much harmony and balance by expanding our thoughts, our actions, our willingness to grow as individuals and as a human race.
1 comment:
I love it that my blog is a part of your idea of BALANCE. I too am trying to find the blessings in my life and appreciate them. I want to revisit my goals and find out more about myself. Life is so short that it is pointless to be anything but happy! Filling it with new things and a new appreciation is only the beginning! How is your self-discovery going? I went to a Hip-Hop dance class this week as my "expansion," and for anyone who knows me, I do NOT dance! Especially in front of people! But it was a great experience and I am actually looking forward to taking another class and even made some new friends in the process!
Post a Comment